Tuesday 20 March 2012

Singapore states overview and a report

Sup guys how you doing! Hope everyone enjoyed themselves at Sg's States today.
In total there were about 90+ participants
Juniors: 9
Seniors: 12
Masters:70

Are we READY
For the Masters Division, there were 6 round of swiss and a top cut for the top 16 players. How I did for the tournament? I went 4-2 missing top cut at the 19th seed. :/ *oh well*
For those interested in my decklist for my Msia states or Sg states, can ask me personally.

I don't have the top 16 list as the first one I took has some errors and they had to be renewed and they were never printed. So no pic *okay.jpg*

Lets get down to the deck distribution for the top 16:

1 Chandelure/Vileplume
1 Six Corner
1 Meesie Mew
1 Terrakion
1 Lugia Legend
2 Thunderdome
2 Durant
3 Zekrom/Eelektrik
4 CMT


Here are the Top 4
1) Xavier Chua w CMT
2) Clifton Goh w CMT
3) Jake Tan w Zekeel
4) Poh Sheng Sheng w Durant

Anyway here's a short summary of the games i had

Round 1: Wong Jun Jek w Zekeel/ Vileplume
If you guys read my Malaysian States report , you will know that he was my last opponent at that time. Now im meeting him on the first round of swiss. I was quite worried to be facing him in the first game as he was quite a seasoned player from Malaysia.So his back with a vengeance

All I can say is, it was a really close game with my zapdos,zekrom and thundurus taking the prize. we basically did some prize exchange but he missed a turn to charge up his zekrom ex as he had no energy after he strong volted the previous turn. I ended the game with Mewtwo Ex taking the prize, which has been seating on my bench since T2.
1-0


Round 2: Belp Fred  w CMT
Meeting an awesome player on the 2nd round of swiss is seriously no joke. Goodness i started the game with a horrible draw. The game ended with mewtwo war. At the end of the game, there was only 3 DCE and 2 Lightning energy in play. Checked my deck energy clumping like there was a party.. tired splitting them up but still no use. -.-" Rage level: close to 9000
1-1


Round 3: Xavier Chua w CMT
This game is slightly better as compared to the game with Belp. Though i was stuck with a lone zekrom for the first few turn, it was abit too late. Mewtwo war happened and his virizion taking cheap prizes. The game goes quite similar to my Round 2 game.
1-2 


Round 4: Adalia Loy w Zekeel
I started taking early cheap prizes with my Zapdos on her tynamos,denying her to set up her engine. To make things worse she had to give a free prize because of her zekrom ex. it was literally stuck there. She also played a doduo which is another free prize for zapdos. I ended the game with a heavy loaded mewtwo since i felt no presence of mewtwo in her deck.
2-2 


Round 5: Eugene Yeo w Zekeel
This game is a really fun one we already started to joke with one another even before the match started while waiting. I started with an early mewtwo to take some early prizes. I also used zapdos to snipe freely for more prizes and pokemon catchers flying around. He sent out his own mewtwo to kill my mewtwo and then i return ko with my 2nd mewtwo to take the game.
3-2


Round 6: Dexter Ong w CMT
I went first with a thundurus, as soon as I saw 2 tornados on the field, I knew I can win this game. But since it is CMT, i'll have to set up quick on my side too. So i managed to take some cheap prizes with thundurus. After knocking out 2 of his tornados, we had a mewtwo war. I sent out my mewtwo and then he sent his and I sent another one  to revenge ko. On my last turn, I used collector to search out for my last mewtwo to KO his last one allowing me to take my last 2 prizes.
4-2


With the score of 4-2 and losing 2 games which both of them went 5-1, I thought i had a good chance of top cutting since it is top 16. Turns out I didnt make it. Heartbroken, we left the place and went to plaza singapura to play some Fancard :'(

2 loss to CMT, so will I be joining them for the upcoming lion city states? or will I be back with a vengeance and take revenge? Hope I'll do better for the upcoming states :)

Lockerkey.

No comments: