Sunday 19 May 2013

Spring Battle Roads: Odds are definitely not in my favour

Road to Nationals 

Here is a short report of my battle roads which i went on the 18th and is also DAY 1 of battle roads.

DAY 1 @ TTZ Card shop
Apparently I woke up way too early that day and said to myself, why not just drop by one of the battle roads event. Initially I wasn’t planning to join any of the battle roads as I had plans for that day itself. My deck of choice for the day was Plasma Klinklang. I wanted to play the new Plasma deck, but was short of a few DEOXYSES.

So there was 5 rounds of swiss.

Round 1 Vs Dennis w Rayeels/ Reshiram PLF
Getting paired up with a bad match up and not only that, he started with the Reshiram. In case you're not sure what it does, here it is Reshiram PLF . So I managed to take down Reshiram once and then he used super rod, and got it out as soon as possible. Taking out my Klinklangs and my Cobalions, there isnt anyway for me to come back at all. Once I got rid of his Reshiram, it was already too late, too much damage has been done to my field.
0-1

Round 2 Vs Elias w Sableye/Garbodor/Hammers/Lasers
Wow. Another bad matchup.. This game was very bad for me as he got all his hammer flips heads about 80% of the time. T1 onwards and I barely see any energies on board. I managed to KO 2 trubbish with the help of 1 energy and lasers but thats all I can do and to stall for time. With the continuous rain of catcher, hammers and lasers, I couldnt do anything. I did manage to stall for time until the 30 mins was up, but for some strange reason, judge didnt call the time. So he took his prize to over take me in the prize lead and from there I scooped.
0-2

Round 3 Vs David w Big basic/Garbodor
I played agasint David, our local pokedad during states. Heres a report : Top 16 states report I was fairly confident about this match up as I  believe I had decent encounters with it. I was able to continuously take out trubbish and garbodors.He was able to set up a garbodor with a rescue scarf but luckily I was able to take it out with Plasma Klinklang with the help of virbank laser. After that point, his whole field was left with only Landorus EX and Tornadus EX. He scoops
1-2

Round 4 Vs Ryan w Cobalion/Klinklang/Keldeo
To be honest, this is the first time I'm playing against a mirror and whoever manages to set up first wins. I was able to set up my klinklangs very early in the game, I was able to dish out more damage faster than him. At one point we spend 3 turns max potioning our cobalions each. That was very interesting. Soon he ran out of resources and I took out his cobalion ex for the last prize.
2-2

Round 5 Vs Arif w Quad Sigilyph
This guy is an interesting guy to be honest. I'm not really sure what he is doing, keeps making misplays and at the same time loud too. He played crushing hammers to discard but unlike Elias, his flips wasnt that godly. I was able to salvage the situation by using Klang to retrieve back lost energies. Once I have about 4 energies on board, I swept his entire field which consisted of only sigilyphs and boufullants. After the game ended he revealed his prize to show that 2 of his mewtwo was prized. Well doesnt matter anyway does it.
3-2

Overall I was quite disappointed having to face 2 bad matchups in a row. My luck wasnt good that day I guess. My final standing was 13th. Which was bad. Oh well, luck game is luck game.

I didnt turn up for DAY 2 of battle roads as I actually woke up late and decided to study. I recently picked up a new language, so I'm trying to brush up the basics .

Anyway thanks for reading the article and bis spatter~



No comments: