Tuesday 27 March 2012

Lion City States Top 8 Report

This is my 3rd state this year and I’m taking with me the same deck that I’ve used for the previous 2. I’m also bringing a new knowledge on how to counter CMT after losing to 2 of them in the previous states tournament.
So this is how my list looks like: 

Pokemon: 15
4-3 Eelektrik (3 free rt)
2 mewtwo ex
2 zekrom
1 zekrom ex
1 cleffa
1 zapdos
1 thundurus


T/S/S: 32
4 Pkmn Collector
4 Prof Juniper
2 Prof Oaks’ new theory
2 Sage’s training
2 N

4 Junk Arm
3 Pkmn Catcher
2 Eviolite
2 Level Ball
2 Switch
2 Pokegear
2 Pluspower
1 Super Rod
Energy: 13
9 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colourless Energy


Round 1: Alvin Yap w CMT
He started by taking a huge prize lead while I’m trying to set up my eels and thundurus. I took a huge risk by allowing him to take 2 prizes for free by leaving a zekrom ex with 3 energy as catcher bait. He attached 6 energy onto his only mewtwo on his field to ko my zekrom ex. On my turn, I dropped a mewtwo, dynamotor, and proceded to use N. This disrupted him a lot as after that his top decks were all dead draws. So I managed to catch up with the huge prize lead to win round 1
1-0

Round 2: Jefferson w Secret Garden
I was abit nervous about playing this deck cuz of the paralyze condition. I started to get a prize lead with the help of 2 of my zekroms. After he knocked out 1 of my zekrom, the only I attacker I had left was zapdos. Lets fast forward to when we both had 2 prizes left. I sent out my zapdos, the only way i could win was to roll 2 heads for thundering hurricane to win. I rolled 3 tails. Missing the ko. On his turn he knocked out my zapdos and my zekrom ex the next turn with shaymin ex
1-1

Round 3: Shanu Rizam w Reshiboar RDL tech
I have a video for this match. So I’ll leave it to you guys to catch the video. I’ll include the link here as soon as its up.
2-1

Round 4: Wilson Choo w Meesy Mew
I’m quite confident with my Meesy mew match up. I steam rolled the gasme with my zapdos sniping and my thundurus disaster volting. He getting dead draws and having unplayable hand. He managed to disrupt me . He did a misplay when he retaliated my zapdos with eviolite, leaving 10 hp left. On my turn, I sent out a zekrom ex to KO the threat. And I used my zekrom with eviolite to take the game.
3-1

Round 5: Jackson Tham w CMT
I got a T1 charge instead of going for a cleffa eek. My plan for this game was the same as game 1. That is to try my best to get an early prize lead,finish the game with zekroms and thundurus. Sadly i started with a mewtwo. My mewtwo was sitting on the bench throughout the game with eviolite attached to it. I managed to kill his virizion,mewtwo,and smeargle with the help of 2 zekroms and thundurus.  I ended the game by catchering his mewtwo, loading up my mewtwo with 5 energy and xball allowing me to win the game
4-1

Round 6: Yap Wei Liang w Chandelure/Vileplume
On to the last round of swiss. He was one of the 4-1s which I had wanted to meet as the other 2 was Durants. He started with a rather bad hand. He potraited a collector and set up and pass. I managed to get a T2 zapdos running and begin sniping his doduo and litwicks. He only managed to set up 1 chandelure and vileplume. I retreated my zapdos,send out my zekrom ex and strong bolt for game. It was quite a fast match.
5-1

Top  8 : Mohd Elias w Durant Smoochum tech
Game 1:
I managed to get an early prize lead. it was almost impossible for him to win.  Until this point of time when he managed to recover. I’m only left with 1 prize and he catchered my zekrom ex which I started with earlier in the game. I knew I only had 1 switch at that point of time and I regretted not using juniper to collect the switch. On his turn he devoured, and it hit my switch. At this point I have already lost as I was not able to retreat my zekrom. He crushing hammered and lost removered the energy I manually attached on my zekrom ex.
0-1

Game 2:
I donked his smoochum after a few turns as he was not able to send out a single Durant.
1-1

Game 3:
He got really lucky as he managed to get a t1 durant swarm and milled all my important cards like DCEs, trainers and eelektriks. He did not even devoured a single of my lightning energy and I wasn’t able to set up a single eelektrik. To make things worse I started with a mewtwo ex. So end of the game I only managed to take 3 prizes.
1-2

That’s all for this states report. Overall, I was quite pleased with the results of my states championship result. I managed to top cut 2 out of 3 of the states which I had attended.

3rd states: 6th Position (you're reading it)

Now that the states season is over, time for a long rest until battle roads and nationals! Things to look forward to next is DARK EXPLORERS PRE-RELEASE!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Zam Drizzy said...

Feb!!! I wanna see my video!! :D