Monday 19 March 2012

Chase’s Singapore States Report < Seniors >

Early in the morning, I was still deciding between 3 decks. Durant, ZEel and Terrakion. But after nasty plotting in the toilet few minutes before the tournament, I decided to go with ZEel as it is the deck I playtested with the most.


Round 1: Kun Her(MagEel)
First match and I am up against a Malaysian, how unlucky can I get. I started with a lone 30HP Tynamo, and lost the flip, so he started, he used comms. I was very afraid that he would comms for a Mewtwo EX, attach DCE and switch, but luckily he searched for a Cleffa, meaning he got a bad hand and passed without attaching energy. I level balled for another Tynamo and PONT my hand away, I got a not too bad hand and bench 1 zekrom attach DCE retreat my Tynamo and hit his Active Tynamo for 20. It was his turn, he benched Magnemite, and slowly set-up and left his Tynamo to die. I draw into a Zekrom EX, bench it, attach lighting to Zekrom and outrage for KO 1st prize. He return ko-ed my zekrom, and I send out my tynamo, draw into oak, oaks and attach DCE to zekrom EX evolve 1 Tynamo, and catcher Magneton glinting claw KO. He dropped Mewtwo EX, dynamotor and stuff, and returned KO on my Zekrom EX, so now he has the Prize Lead. I sent out my free retreat and revived my zekrom. I somehow got 3 energy onto zekrom and my mindset was to Zekrom bolt strike 120 and then Eeltrik will do 50 and I get 2 prize, so I bolt-striked, he did not fall for that and switched to a Magnezone which he set-up. Everything went downhill from there. I collector-ed for Zapdos, and then use it to snipe the CLEFFA AND NOT THE MEWTWO FOR 2 PRIZES, MAJOR MISPLAY. So he just ko-ed my Zapdos and I could not respond back and he won.

0-1

Round 2: Wesley(Durant)
Another Malaysia player. I started with Zekrom EX, while he started with lone Durant. He won flip. Drew and passed. It was my turn. I attached 1 lighting and passed. He drew and passed again. I attached DCE and oaked PLuspower Junk Arm and won the game

1-1

Round 3: Dario(CMT)
This is the first time I played against CMT. Started with Cleffa and Tynamo to avoid donk. He started prize lead. I could not ko back, and he took 2 prize and we go on a mewtwo war. Knowing I cannot win the war, I scooped.

1-2

Round 4:Zen(RaiEel)
Started with Zekrom, attached DCE and outrage. Then he outrage back while I set-up a Terrakion. Terrakion land crashed the rest of the game.
So overall 2-2.
Regretted not playing Terrakion with a lot of Eels running around in senior.

-Chase

No comments: