Sunday 11 March 2012

Fourth place Malaysia states report: Lockerkey

The tournament was held in Malaysia,Petaling Jaya card shop, Toysbar. The card shop really reminded me of Gameshaven.
Number of players:
50+ Masters
7 Seniors
3 Juniors
For masters we had 6 Swiss rounds and there is top cut for 8 players.


Round  1: Jason Yong w Reshiboar EX
This round I started out with a 2 Tynamo and a rather lousy and unplayable hand and he went first. He seems to be experiencing energy droughts. So he just passed. On my turn, we realized that he forgot to put his prize cards so I got a prize penalty and I got a pkmn collector from the prize. Collectored for cleffa and other attackers,eek and got set up. He only managed to take a prize using 1 reshiram ex while I steamrolled with my zapdos weakning his bench and zekrom ex for the kill.
Win 1-0

Round 2: Adwin Lim w Durant
He started first and went to devour for 3 cards. As I had a dead draw, I was only able to set up an attacker,(zapdos), and 2 eels. He continue devouring and not a single energy was devoured. Only all my important supporters and trainers were. About t8 I was able to snatch my 2 prizes. Which is good game for me. My only hope was zekrom from the start, which he devoured away. I even used super rod to take back my zekrom and the next turn, it got devoured away. I’ve playtested with durants a few times before, I find it really hard to win them. Anyway
Lose 1-1

Round 3: Hong Wen w Zebra/Eel
He started out with an agility blitzle to my zekrom. He attacked my zekrom and on my turn I collectored for set up attach dce,catcher his tynamo and took the first prize. He was really struggling as the disconnect didn’t really do anything to me since I have already set up. All his zebstriker did was disconnect. No signs of sniping. i finished the game with catchers and getting prizes with my Terrakion. Land crushing for 3 prizes.
Win 2-1

Round 4: Edmund w Zekeel
He started out with a lone terrakion to my tynamo. For this game I really had bad luck. I couldn’t draw into anything to kill his tanker. His terrakion ended up taking most of the prizes for him. He KO-ed most of my tynamo. Without any engine, it would be hard for me. So after about t10, he managed to fully set up and got for the game.  After the game I checked my deck, everything is clumped together especially the energies.. Not having any mood, went to the sofa to heal myself. HP and MP currently very low.
Lose 2-2

Round 5: Hong Ning  w Zekeel
For this game we both started with a lone tynamo and I went first. Seeing the opportunity that I can donk, I set up my bench and juniper my hand filled with energy hoping to get a mewtwo and dce or energy, pluspower and junkarm. Sadly I only drew an energy. I missed the donk. On his turn, he passed. ANOTHER CHANCE TO DONK! Used sages, unable to donk -,-“ attacked him leaving his tynamo left with 10hp. He topdecked a collector sets up and then on my turn, I fully set up 2 attacker with 3 eels. I used zapdos to snipe all my prizes and terrakion to end the game.
Win 3-2

Round 6: Wong Jun Jek w Zekeel/Vileplume
I remembered facing him in Singapore Lion Cities on the last swiss with the similar situation, I needed to win him in order to top cut.i started with mewtwo ex to his oddish. I attached dce to get the first prize.So the game went as per normal not seeing any oddish in sight. I quickly set up my eels and got my zapdos ready to attack in case he drop another oddish. Snipe 1 oddish and next turn vileplume. In this situation, I was glad there was trainerlock as my bench were safe.  And my damaged mewtwo can just wait there for the kill. After some time I was left with 1 prize, with my only attacker being mewtwo to his 2 prize. By then my mewtwo already has 5 energy. He sent out vileplume to tank and he did not realize it’s weakness. On my turn I zen blade-d it I mean x-ball it for my last prize
Win 4-2

End of the last swiss. I managed to sneak into the top 8 being the last seed. From the list, I also saw the Clifton was the first seed, so I top 8 opponent will be…

Top 8 Clifton w CMT
Game 1
We started normally with him being able to fully set up having a good hand I suppose. I don’t remember this game much but I remembered we were having mewtwo wars at around the end of the game with him taking the last prize first and also because there was no engine on my field. So I got the game 1 loss.
0-1

Game 2
I went first with zekrom ex to his celebi attached dce and passed. On his turn he judged me which was really painful and he used dual balls which failed. I realized from his reaction to the judge, that he locked himself. my judged hand doesn’t seem too bad. Theres an energy and an oaks. So I glinting clawed all this celebi as he didn’t have any other pokrmon and win game 2.
 1-1

Game 3
He went first and I remembered we have  a very early mewtwo war which resulted in a very quick match. I initiated the mewtwo wars and got revenged. Sent out another of my mewtwo to revenge and it got revenged. So we both had 2 prizes left after a few turns. On my field I have an eelektrik to charge my mewtwo. But all my mewtwos were already at the discard pile. In my hand was 2 junk arm,1 fighting energy and a random card. I needed a pokemon collector to win the game. So I junk armed for super rod, take back all my mewtwos and let fate and luck take me away. After excessive cutting from Clifton, I played Juniper which I had topdecked this turn. I drew 7 cards and opened it 1 shot. The first thing I saw was zekrom,dce and a pokemon communications!! I used comms to get out my mewtwo ex, attached dce and revenge ko his mewtwo for the win.
2-2

Win 5-2

Top 4: Wayne chun w Zekeel
Game 1
He went first and started to set up. I realized that his built is very different from any zekeel I faced. It had a heavy count of zekrom and eviolite. And whats worse is that he killed all my tynamos. Leaving me with no engine and having a mewtwo war with him, he won me with 2 prize left.
0-1

Game 2
I went first. For this game I activated my psyqualia and bankai power. Literally I drew every card I needed and rolled the heads and tails correctly for my cleffa. The judge next to me made a noise ‘ting ting ting’ every time I got a super awesome draw or rolled the correct die. This game was evenly matched. It was literally a pokemon catcher game as we see pokemon flying everywhere. There was a point of time where there was really nothing else I can do.  I N-ed as I felt that I have lost. I drew into 2 tynamos.(the judge ting ting ting again) benched them and cleffa eeked. Guess what it stayed asleep. He passed his turn and on my turn it woke up and on the same turn, 2 eelektriks hit the field. The judge was speechless and the look on my opponent face ‘ wtf’  so now we both have 3 prize after I koed his pokemon its now down to 2 more prize. He sent out a mewtwo to revenge ko on my zekrom. This turn all I needed was a mewtwo to win this game. I collectored and realized that my mewtwo was prized… good game.. nothing else can be done. He won game 2. So close and we could have proceeded to game 3. Psyqualia failed :(
0-2

Lose 5-3

Overall ranking 4th
This is the furthest I have gone for a premier event. Really enjoyed the trip there. So 4th place prizes were

-Semi finalist trophy
-4 BW booster packs
-6 championship points


Congrats to the winners! This week is SG’s states I might be trying a new deck so I’ll see how it goes. Till my next report! 

Lockerkey~

No comments: