Tuesday 14 May 2013

Dragonite.Dec Part 2

CCC Deafen 60



Hey guys its been awhile since I posted an article. So this post will be more on the Dragonite deck which I wrote about 2 weeks ago. I’ve definitely tried different variants of it. Tried mainly 2 different type and came with different results (DISCLAIMER: Don’t expect this deck to be consistently beating Plasma/ Darkrai /Blastoise It is only a Rouge deck)

1st Variant: Dragonite/Reuniculus
Don’t really like this concept/idea as I have to waste resources in order to set up 1 Dragonite and 1 Reuniculus. Though shifting damage and keeping Dragonite alive on the field is a good thing, but I just feel that it hurts the deck’s consistency. Here is the decklist which I used. Not too fond of it really.
Pokémon -16
4-2-4 Dragonite
2-1-2 Reuniculus
1 Emolga
T/S/S- 32
4 Prof Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
3 Level Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Switch
3 Max potion
2 Heavy Ball
2 Giant Cape
1 Tropical Beach
4 Rare Candy

Energy-12
4 Double Colourless Energy
4 Grass Energy
4 Lightning

2nd Variant:  Dragonite/Electrode
I prefer this list better than the 1st Variant. This deck is much more consistent and if you can’t afford a tropical beach, then I would rather build this deck. The list is quite straight forward with Electrode to help you increase your draw power for a more consistent set up and go for that T2 Deafen. There is also Keldeo in this deck to help with the retreat problem.
Pokemon -16
4-1-4 Dragonite
3-2 Electrode
1 Emolga
1 Keldeo Ex
T/S/S- 32
4 Prof Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Ghetsis
2 Rocky helmet
2 Float stone
2 Level Ball
2 Heavy Ball
3 Hypnotoxic laser
4 Rare candy
1 Scramble switch
Energy- 12
4 Double Colourless Energy
4 Grass Energy
4 Lightning Energy

Card Explanations
Keldeo Ex + Float stone is for free retreat duh

Rocky Helmet + Hypnotoxic laser is for increasing the damage output since you will only be doing 60 with Deafen turn after turn.

Scramble Switch is to change attackers either to another Dragonite or maybe Keldeo Ex.

Ghetsis is used when you have to break the Deafen Lock and go for Dragonite’s 2nd attack which deals 90. So you check the opponent’s hand and see if there are any supporters. If there isn’t, you can break the lock. Since their Trainer items will be cleared.

No Tropical Beach? I personally feel that you should be calling for family with Emolga T1 to set up and Tropical beach kinda leave Electrode useless.  Tropical Beach also helps your opponent. (YES I’M SELFISH!)

Virbank Gym. You can add it in the deck to increase the damage output as well. Why I didn’t include it in the deck is because I cant seem to find the space for it.

Conclusion
I don’t think I will be trying out any more new variants for Dragonite. I feel that I’m very comfortable with the 2nd variant a lot. Yeah so, no more posts about Dragonite. Thinking of testing the Staraptor from PLF if I have the time. Hope you guys enjoy trying out and playtesting with the decklist above. Don’t really have to ‘copy paste’ the deck but feel free to.
Thanks for reading! See you in the next article

P.S Sorry for the lack of pictures >.<

No comments: