Sunday 17 June 2012

Singapore Nationals - Set Up Report (Battle Roads)

Hello everyone, I am Vincent from Smugleaf! I just got back into pokemon a month ago.(I am new in pokemon, HGSS Format).  Nationals is my first major premier event. Pretty excited over it.
I prepared the deck when Dark Explorer came out. So ya. Bought 1 booster box, tons of blisters and countless of single packs. And I manage to get 5 darkrai-ex(3 nfa, 2 fa) and no tornadus(oh man).
The boosters are giving me signs that I have to play darkrai-ex deck* pondering like a girl*
So I have to get tornadus ex. Traded 1 off for darkrai + some fast cash, and sold 1 darkrai , bought 1 tornadus ex(BOOM).


 
Battle Roads Day 1 @ Smugleaf(home ground)
Formed a dark-deck, 3 darkrai, 3 seeker,3 dark claw, 3 patch and all the attack cards.
*don’t bother try this deck cause it failed badly*
Went home to try something new -  CRUSHING HAMMER + EVIOLITE
Battle Roads Day 2 @ GamesHeaven – Payalebar Road
We came over here because jcube was too crowded with players.
We played total for 5 swiss. *But some highlights*
Highlight 1 - *Xavier’s CMT*. He was able to set up celebi and tornadus against my darkrai ex and torandus. Next turn, I manage 1 hammer heads and 1 tails, I junk arm again and got heads. Followed up by eviolite attached at darkrai. Then I controlled the game well, lost removal his DCE. Manage a marginal win against Xavier.
Highlight 2 - * Febri’s Zekeel* The zekeel master was able to set up 2 eels during his t2. And I still continue the hammer while his tynamotor still can recycle + 1 attached. So I knew eels will be a problem. It was a 1 sided match.
Image Detail
Highlight 3 - *irfan’s quad terrakion empoleon* a very hard deck to beat which runs empoleon draw engine + exp share (I think so).  lost I don’t remember I was even close.
Highlight 4 - *Purvis’s darkrai/terrakion/mewtwo + aerodactyle* the style is to set up 1 aerodactyle and using terrakion’s land crush doing 100 damage to all. 200 to darkrai.  *clear lost*
Highlight 5 - *Wei Seng’s trainer lock* I was able to set up darkrai with 3 dark and eviolit and m2 with eviolite. And he was able to set up 1 vilplume, 1 vitini, Kingdra Prime and… … the attacker which I think is vanilla*not too sure*. Eviolite gave him a hard time and he took countless of turns to knock my darkrai. And I killed off his vanilla with m2  followed by few bad 2 throws and 2 re-throw. Total 4 tails with no damage. The game ended by trainer lock being decked out.
 
But I manage to get 3rd for Battle Road-evening edition * Yay! First victory cup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy the booster box? :3

Team PCSG said...

You can try it at comics connection or even your local card shop. ^^