Monday 7 January 2013

Vincent Return to The Game Temporary

Hello everyone, its Vincent The Thor. Sorry for not posting anything for ages. Have been very busy with school the past 4 months. First of all please pardon my poor English. I don't major in English nor i am a born a American. Last month, i came back to Pokemon after a long break but i have been following closely all the while.

I took part in Battle Roads which i did fairly poorly 2-3, 2-3 is both days. Day 1 i played Rayeels +shaymin tech. Due to the lack of practice, i got owned by Rayeels can't remember who was it. And Day2 i played hydregoin. Despite going 2-0 up, i lost the next 3 (garchomp, Rayeels, quad entei).
Rayquaza EX from Dragons Exalted

I am currently ranked 2nd last in the ratings(LOL). Then it came Regionals which i skipped the tourney due to exams. Predicted the meta well and formed a last minute deck for my friend Noel to play. However, as i am not the one playing, i did not invest in landorus ex. So the deck was substituted with terrakion ex. The deck was white tea with potion, max potion, gold pots. Noel being a "lock" player was unable to adapt to the deck. He went on to 2-3.

Regionals SEA was won by quad sligphy much to my amazement. 2nd to White Tea. In my opinion, it was a good call from quad sligphy but white tea should have won comfortably with maybe 2 terrakion nv running.



Singapore Cities
Singapore Cities was somehow delayed or shifted to a later date. I dont think i gonna take part in the competition. If i happened to win, i will be stealing points from players who are close getting the 200 points.

InterGym Singapore
It took place on the 5th Jan. It is a event that took place annually(or quarterly) and uniquely Singapore. I was asked to play my old gym(smugleaf) but i declined. My reason of doing so is because that i am consider new in this game(6months old) and there are many better and experience players around whom are way much better than me. Without a single win in tourney, i decided to declined the invitation. Currently, i am not tied down in any gym because i prefer being a collector and traveller. Gym commitments are regular(every saturday/sunday).

Oh, not forgetting the compliment the organisers for this tourney. To sponsor prizes, organise ain't an easy task. They deserved some thanks from players whom participated. Most players left after the event without appreciating hard work by these backstage organisers.

Pardon my next few words. I just feel that intergym should make every gym send out representative like 2 master and 1 senior? or 1 master, 1 senior, 1 junior? i meant each gym consists of these 3 groups of players. Intergym with 3 master is seems so pokemonpolitics(pardon me once again). It is so much power struggle.
My reason for saying this is, we can see an obvious decline in number of players in pokemon while young players are not joining it. (analogy to aging population). I think each gym has the responsibility to attract newer and younger players.

Okay enough of my "pokemonpolitics" views, here are the results from intergym http://www.teamrobo.com/intergym%20report.htm
was predicting smugleaf would win. they have good players and lots of practices made them winner *good job guys*

Before the intergym, i would say rayeels would be definitely a good choice. Sigilyph would be card of the tourney. I see most deck has Sigilyph other than blastoise. But Sigilyph was not countered as most would go for terrakion nv as a more direct approach. I feel that meloetta would be a good counter to Sigilyph.
 

While heading to the intergym, i did gain some valuable experience/tips by opening challenge to all players. Upon winning me will earn them a cheren RH, Losing will get tornauds or thundurus. Brought 6 decks, and played like 10+ games, lost 2 very very close game(1 got decked out, 1 got down to shaymin on keldeo) and 1 supporter drought game( 5 supporter prize).
Against a very strong hydregoin deck that got me think so hard but was eventually beaten by my mis-calculation(need to believe in odds) Murphy law says that if anything can go wrong, it will.

The deck that has been real consistent was brought down to earth by losing 3 straight matches. Just for information i am not gonna post the lists of my opponents and i hope they dont my post my Heaven and Earth list. i would be hulk angry if anyone knows so much of them getting my cheren RH.

Oh ya. i am gonna miss malaysia cities also. school priority. I shall post some good lists when i got home.
Expect lists like
1) blastoise
2) Ho-oh
3) hammertime
4) klingklang
5) White Deck
6) Garbodor(you dont say, might be the bdif)
7) A rouge Deck
8) Quadsigilphy

Okay Signing off here - Vincent The Thor

No comments: